Submitted by admin on August 7, 2010 - 6:46am
The staff of the district is linked to our accounting system because of the decentralized model of receiving used in the district. The goods and services purchased are shipped directly to the schools marked with the staff member who requested the items. Our accounting procedure requires before payment verification that the goods and services have been received in the district. When staff order and receive, the following procedures need to be followed:
- Open all packages and boxes that you receive immediately. Vendors have limited time lines for damaged goods to be replaced.
- Check the items against the packing slip/invoice (what they say they shipped) and your purchase request (what you ordered).
- When Accounts Payable receives an invoice for the goods and services from a vendor a copy of the invoice will be sent to you for completion.
- If a problem exists please note the problem on the invoice and send it to Accounts Payable. Accounts Payable will contact the vendor to resolve the problem.
- If no problems exist, please sign and date the invoice and send it to Accounts Payable. This is one of the requirements for processing payment to the vendor.
- Payments to vendors are required by law to be made within 60 days. It is very important that verification be received in Accounts Payable in a timely manner.