HS students compete at FCCLA regionals
On February 12 Black River Falls High School students traveled to La Crosse to attend Regional Competition held at Western Technical College. Students participated in opening and closing ceremonies and competed in Students Taking Action with Recognition (STAR) competitions. Over 200 students competing in La Crosse. Black River Falls had a very successful showing with 24 members receiving 85 points or more in competition and earning the right to advance to the state competition, which will be held March 31-April 2 in Wisconsin Dells.
Students had the opportunity to compete in various categories focusing on community, family, careers or school. Events are both individual and team orientated. Below is a list of students advancing in competition to the state level. Students who earn top gold at the state competition will represent the state of Wisconsin at national competition in San Antonio this July.
- Parliamentary Procedure Senior: Haley Beams, Hailey Collins, Ashley Derus, Alisanne Dunneisen, Megan Engebretson, Lauren Helstad, Kristine Johnson, Kacey Koenigs
- Life Event Planning Junior: Grace Simonson
- Promote and Publicize FCCLA!: Amara Baker
- Life Event Planning Senior: Brian Gulbronson, Nicholas Hagenbrock
- Advocacy: Kristen Johnson, Sabrina Gunning
- Career Investigations: Devin Newby
- Chapter Service Project Display: Jessica Gjerseth
- Illustrated Talk: Emily Stewart
- Parliamentary Procedure Occupational: Mitchel Gjerseth, Matt LaFaunge, Jacky Lin, Ryan Millis, John Roou, Jessica Valentino
- Recycle and Redesign: Madelyn Hoffman
- Fashion Construction: Taylor Inches
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a dynamic student organization whose members become leaders and address personal, family, work, and societal issues through Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
FCCLA is the only Career and Technical Student Organization with the focus on family.