The School District of Black River Falls will have a question on the November 4th ballot asking you to support a $22.5 million dollar referendum. The impact to each property tax payer would be $99 per $100,000 of home value.
To the right, you will find an account of the Community Task Force's meetings, the Community Facility Survey results
, the final recommendation
to the School Board and then a host of information to help you understand what the needs are, what the proposed solution includes, as well as how it will impact our tax payers.
Referendum Proposed Solution:
- Construct new elementary school for grades 2-5 on the Forrest Street campus
- Improve safety/security throughout the District
- Addition/renovations at the HS. Relocate the office, upgrade science classrooms, increase cafeteria size and relocate Agriculture classrooms
- Close Third Street Elementary
- District Office remains in its historic location