Starting tomorrow, all freshman will be taking the state required Aspire
test. You may remember bubbling in test sheets in school. Well, this is similar, however they will now be given on the computers. This week, Tuesday – Friday
freshmen will be taking the ASPIRE test, which is a new pre-ACT test. That means it will not only serve for state accountability, but it will also help prepare for tech school or college. The score a student earns on the Aspire will help predict how they might do on the ACT as a junior.
Students will be testing in their math, English, science and social studies classes. On Tuesday and Wednesday, they will test first and second hours and on Thursday and Friday, they will test during third and fourth hours.
Please encourage your son or daughter to do their very best on these tests. Here are some hints on how to do that. Please make sure that your student…
- gets a good night’s sleep each night this week.
- eats healthy meals, especially breakfast.
- relaxes and does their very best on the tests.
- answers every question with the best possible answer.
- brings their laptop-fully charged and their power cord to school.
- follows the directions below to set up their laptop for the tests:
VERY IMPORTANT — Follow the directions at this link to prepare the laptops.
¡Vamos a Nicaragua y a Costa Rica!
Students interested in traveling to Nicaragua and Costa Rica this summer should visit www.isemn.org and sign up today! The deadline to enroll and pay the deposit is October 15, 2014.
Students and Parents!
High school picture day is next Tuesday, September 9th.
Go to: mylifetouch.com and use our picture day ID: MI414019Y0
• Parents can create their own package from the expanded online selection.
• Quickly order and pay for portraits online.
• Pay by credit card.
Beginning September 2, the bell signaling the beginning of first block will ring at 7:45. Be ready–that’s 10 minutes early!