WELCOME BACK to the 2012-2013 school year!!Thank you for your continued support of the school nutrition program! The Black River Falls School District Food Service team have been busy preparing for the new federal regulations and will be attending an informative Welcome back meeting with the following information being addressed:
Collaborative Coulee Region School Nutrition Employee in-service planned
There is more to serving a proper school lunch than putting food on trays.
More than 325 School Nutrition Employees from approximately 18 area school districts will meet Aug. 21 for a day-long collaborative in-service that features motivation, information on food regulations and cooking alternatives. Miss Wisconsin Kate Gorman also will attend.
"I'm excited and honored to support the Collaborative Coulee Region Nutrition Employee In-Service event and share my platform against childhood hunger. It's an honor to be surrounded by people who share a similar ambition to enrich our community by investing in the health and wellness of our children," Gorman said.
The training will be held at the Holmen High School Fine Arts Center and will feature:
- Key note speaker Nancy Rice, School Nutrition Association: “Customer Service in Child Nutrition,” 8:35 to 9:35 a.m.
- Katie Wilson, School Nutrition Association executive director, and National Food Service Management Institute of the University of Mississippi: “New Regulations Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, 9:40 to 10:40 a.m.
- James Mack, State of Wisconsin chief sanitarian: “Food Safety and Sanitation,” 10:55 a.m. to noon
- Chef Monique Hooker: “Using Herbs and Spices,” 1 to 2 p.m.
- Lori Ann Knapton, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction: “Meal or No Meal,” 2 to 3 p.m.
I am looking forward to hearing the chattering in the hallways and laughter at mealtimes. Let's make this a GREAT year together!!!
Connie M Seiber DTR CD (715) 284-4357 ext 1209